Before Lighting Candles
- Our candle wicks are pre-trimmed during the production process. Before lighting ANY candle, always trim the wick to 1/4 inch.
- NEVER light a candle on a combustible surface without a heat-resistant candle holder. This can cause damage to furniture, or even worse - fire. Always use a candle holder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat-resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips of melted wax.
- NEVER leave a candle burning unattended.
- NEVER burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpet, books, paper, flammable decor, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep burning candles at least 3" apart from each other.
- NEVER touch or attempt to move a candle while it is burning.
- DO NOT burn the candle all the way down. Always discard the candle when there is 1/4" of wax remaining.
- NEVER use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, and trim the wick before relighting.
- Use caution when using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery powered lights are safer sources of light during power failures. If you must use a candle, do not carry it as a source of light. Leave the candle on a heat-resistant surface in a safe location.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame. This is the safest way to prevent wax splatter.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle. This may cause wax splatter, or glass containers to break.
- Make sure the candle is completely extinguished before leaving the room.
- Don't touch or attempt to move the candle until it is completely cooled.